Sunday, September 25, 2011

The more things change.... You know the ...

David Stauffer shared a post with you on Google+. Google+ makes sharing on the web more like sharing in real life. Learn more.
Join Google+
The more things change....

You know the rest of the saying. Or perhaps your from a culture not familiar with it. They proverb goes "The more things change, the more they stay the same". (http://goo.gl/yHMTy)

This isn't so much about anything that's come up in the #change11 MOOC, so much as me thinking about how I'm going to interact (or attempt to) with the course. In HalfanHour (http://goo.gl/HvBfv),@Downes wrote a guide to setting up your social network. Now, this is not a critique of his post at all, I found it very helpful in orienting myself and establishing the tools for participating in Change11. I got my blog setup, found my login info for twitter, joined the facebook group, and plugged all this info into my change.mooc profile. I am all set, more or less.

It was only later that I remembered an article (http://goo.gl/nVBKR) I had read back in the hubub and furor of Google+'s beta release, (you remember, back when everyone was scrambling for an invitation). Now, I'm nowhere nearly as involved in social networking as this author (or probably most of my Mooc-mates), but I could see where he was coming from with the concept of social network fatigue. In fact, its one of the things I have been a little concerned about as I contemplated entering into the Moocosphere; do I really have the time to make this a useful exercise?

I thought it was kind of ironic that my first reaction to Stephen Downes' article was to just follow the instructions, not really thinking or learning. I've realized that I'd like to put the thesis of the PCWorld article to the test, and attempt to use just Google+ for my interactions with Change.Mooc. I realize this will have some limiting effects (only other + users will be able to comment and no RSS at this point), but overall, it should be doable, and anything that makes it easier for me to participate in the MOOC will be well worth it, as I've now missed the first week due to sickness, travel, and business.

So, I'll still be firing this over to my blog as well, and leave the comments open for now, but with the next post, well, see you on Google +.
View or comment on David Stauffer's post »
You have received this message because David Stauffer shared it with dstauffer.change@blogger.com. Unsubscribe from these emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment